Sunday, July 01, 2007

The Speed of Blog

Just a quick note, my last one from my current residence. Over the next few hours I'll be borrowing a car and moving all my and Duncan's stuff to our new place just on the other side of town - a ten minute walk really.

Having moved several times over the years, both short distances and huge ones, I feel I'm qualified to say that moving is an awful process. You're forced to compartmentalize your entire life in boxes and bags and do everything in your power to erase all trace of the time you spent in your last place and just pray everything will fit somewhere in your next one. The transitory period is worst: you've packed most of your things, but have just enough out so you can function in this place that clearly isn't your own anymore. It's a state of undeath, only your motivation is a clean glass instead of delicious brains, and there's no way to moan "GLAAAAAASS" in a way that sounds cool. We've tried.

Three hours from now we meet our new landlady. Impressions over the phone and email have been mixed. Nothing remarkable either way, all we can do is hope for the best.

Wish us luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home