Monday, February 26, 2007

I'm running low on blog jokes

Might have something to do with me typing this in bed. For those who don't know, i've discovered how to get my laptop to my bed plugged in without shifting the plug from it's normal position. It's dangerous, as I now have very little reason to ever leave my bed. I do enjoy occassional sloth, but this may prove too much.

I am feeling much better by the way. Dry throat, that's all. This week I'll probably be joining the school gym, and I'm telling you all this so I'll feel pressured into actually doing it. I haven't gained much weight or inches over here, but especially with that illness my energy level's taken a nose dive. My recent relapse into RPG addiction hasn't helped either (Final Fantasy? You listening? Fuck. You.) so I need, that is NEED, to get me out of my room. It's bad, I'm sure.

Classes are going pretty well. Screenwriting's going a bit slow, I'm not worried but some are. Business writing's starting to pick up now that we have a clearer idea what we're doing. On Thursday we had guest speaker Kingley Marshall telling us about the glories of being a professional article writer. The highlights were 1) features suck (the people taking the Features module loooved that point), 2) reviews offer a better money-to-effort ratio, 3) whatever you do you have to be fast with contacts, turnaround time, and the more bits about every single venue you deal with you can remember, the better. Leaving, we were all in a bit of a panic.

Friday was a different guest speaker that put us on the path of the righteous again. Tim Pears took us through a series of exercises that reminded us we could be creative off the cuff, let us work together on something fun, and just kept heaving praise on us. Lovely time, even the bits that sent us into depression (just how many reasons can one girl have for killing herself???).

This weekend I've been cleaning a lot. Clothes, room, bathroom, I feel sanitized. Talked with the rents and Evo which was wicked cool. Wrote my review for the follow with with Kingsley this week which I want to make us feel hopeful but who knows. And filled the rest of my time with Final Fantasy like a sloth - while you're playing, you feel like you get so much accomplished, but the instant you take a break you realize you've been doing absolutely nothing - it's a disease.

5 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger TopChamp said...

Happy Birthday belatedly.... Glad to hear the course is still going on. Just read your story bit on Bloc online (still browsing) - surprised by the end!

Duncan seems to have disappeared... you would tell me if there was anything wrong?

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Ryan Walsh said...

Nothing wrong, D just realized the course involves work. Your bro can be a bit slow on the uptake at times.

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger miss-cellany said...

I'm glad. cos then we won't have to trawl through them. There is a law in these parts about taking more fish from the sea bed than you actually need...

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Ryan, just thought I'd say hi, have you done the creative falmouth work yet? I still haven't. Doh.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Ryan Walsh said...

I found a couple of new places today in my meanderings, meaning I can start writing my meandering off as a business expense. On the down side, the extra sea air is making me a bit phlegmy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home