Sunday, May 13, 2007

Toil, Toil, Blog and Boil

Term No. 2 is done. DONE! This means I can, dare I say it, rest for a while! We handed in our portfolios on Friday and proceeded to drink starting around 1 in the afternoon... most of us. I was doing fine until about 11 that night, and my Saturday was spent recovering.

I want to take a break from my laptop for a few days, seeing as how I haven't looked at much else in the past two weeks. I've been experiencing sharp pains when I nod my head suddenly, like my brain's a bit loose in the noggin. Anyway, once I'm done fiddling here, I'm going to shut it off and hope I can avoid turning it back on for a while. That'll be a welcome break I think.

Next Monday we have to present our MA proposals in an auditorium-style setting. Each has to be on stage being stared at by 10 judges and the rest our the class, so about 35 people. In a practice run Thursday (audience of 8 or so) I nearly choked I was so nervous, but when I could string a few words about my project together, the audience really liked them. If I can get around the public jitters I'll be in good shape.

I've gotten a confirmed no from the artist I was trying to secure for my project, while I'm on the subject. I'm looking around for a new artist now, and I've got a few people also searching who they know for leads. I will confess, I've been in this position before and have come up short about every time, so my hopes are not high.

Okay, that's all your getting out of me for now.

2 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger Willow Pest said...

So when are you coming home?

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Ryan Walsh said...

That'd be telling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home