Tuesday, March 20, 2007

BLOG IS SPARTA!!!!!!!

I haven't seen 300 yet, but I really want to, even if it's supposed to be a CGI sausage-fest.

This begins Day 2 of my work experience at Titan and I have to say I'm doing well. The work so far is classic Office Bitch stuff, but the environment is casual and friendly, unlimited tea, coffee, and water, the people are nice, and in my raare downtime I can read anything on the shelves; there's a lot on the shelves.

The room I wound up with at the B&B is not going to work. Breakfasts are either bland or disgusting, depending on whether you go for cereal or continental, the room is essentially a small walk-in closet that's been partially sectioned to include a bathroom, and the free internet only goes as far as the lobby. I might be able to put up with this for two weeks, but at 50 a night I chose not to. Gumtree.co.uk is a recent discovery for me, and led me to a place in Kilburn - the room itself is only a tiny bit bigger but with a desk, seperate bathroom that's much more accomodating to non-midgets, and a kitchen - that'll cost me 80 from when I move in Thursday through the rest of my time here. Sometimes, when you do the work, things happen that are good. Who knew?

Well, I'm off to the loo and then to some free reading!!!

1 Comments:

At 1:15 AM, Blogger Jacqui said...

Hope you've found another B&B which is better. Your work experience sounds really interesting.

I start my work experience next week at a Cornish magazine, Vitality Matters, which has been overun by students on our course.

Not very adventurous (it's too late or early depending on how you look at it to check out spelling), but it fits in with being a mum etc

Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home