Friday, July 06, 2007

Grey Blogs're Gonna Clear Up!

This entry's title in honor of the celestial fusion reactor that has appeared in the sky recently.

So I'm trying to develop a routine to writing. A routine that, say perhaps, one who writes professionally might adapt. And it's tricky. For one thing I haven't had an entire day to devote to writing what I want to write in forever, so I'm not used to that. I'm using that section of my brain more than it's built for right now, so it gets tired. And that leads to the next problem: have you heard of this thing called the internet? Man, is that thing fun! Distracting as hell but FUN! I've been at this for a whole week, so I guess I should be giving it a chance before I bad mouth it, but bad mouthing things is so much easier than actually doing something about it.

I am learning very quickly the mentality a pro writer might have in daily living, brought on by my recent, economically-inspired dietary habits. I'm going through my hard drive like a graverobber trying to find anything I can rework and sell. I'm working on one that has plenty of potential to not only be marketable but good, but looking at it now I have to wonder if I was in a safe mental place when I wrote it. I could explain, but if I don't I'll leave my readers twisting about what I mean, and quite frankly I need a schadenfreude-fix.

I'm going into Truro (closest thing to a city around here, and the Indianapolis people would laugh if they could see it) if my plans work out today so I may buy dice. I'm still trying to work out how I can do so as a business expense, I'll let you know if I succeed. Might as well shop around while I'm there, I've been cooped up in my house too long because of the weather.

1 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Blogger Mike. Just Mike. said...

You need to know how to write off dice as an expense? It's simple...they're not "dice", they're an "automated advising system for narrow-margin decision making"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home