Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Let's blog this thang!

I've got a lot of things I need to cover but first things first: LET'S GIVE IT UP FOR THE INDY COLTS Y'ALL!!!!!!! Peyton's back is free of monkeys and everyone's sporting phat new bling! Indianapolis doesn't get many chances for national attention aside from what it hosts, so this is a huge thing for us I think to win something as widely recognized as the Super Bowl. And if you watched the game, you know we really deserved it. I thought it was a great game, the Bears played well, we just played better.

Next up, tomorrow's my first day of second-term classes. I think this is going to be an okay term, if downtime somehow crops up I've got projects to fill it, and if I don't I feel like it'll be effort well spent. Now that I've typed these words, here's hoping I don't eat them.

Next, and this is something that regularly makes me uncomfortable: it's my birthday this Thursday. I should take that back, my birthday doesn't make me uncomfortable. I like birthdays, it's a reminder that you're alive and whatever's happened, you got through it for another revolution of the Earth around the Sun. What makes me uncomfortable is being the center of attention - it's something I don't know that I'll ever get used to. I've already gotten a few cards and they're lovely (I'll be sending thank you's soon, I promise). Word has gotten to me that a number of my coursemates are upset that I haven't already made plans to do anything, and while I will arrange for something to happen, it's hard for me is all. I suppose I should get over it - they say the first thing you have to sell is yourself - but I don't want to. Whaa whaa whaaa, gripe bitch moan.

For our screenwriting class we have to read one of the Resnick novels. For those who don't know, Resnick novels are a line of police procedural fiction mysteries. If you like thrillers and have recently undergone major heart surgery, I think these are ideal for you, but everyone else will likely be bored.

What else...? I'm still working on getting a work study for the March break. I've got one new lead I absolutely must follow up on, but Friday's looking to be the closest I can address it. Bugger.

I've also noticed that my vocabulary is incorporating more and more British words, enough to make my parents chuckle. My parents, the British wannabes (oh accept it you two). Just didn't want that to get by.

Also, my coursemate Sarah got proposed to by her boyfriend. In a positive-yet-not-as-interesting twist, she said yes. I think I may hide my birthday party behind that so as not to feel as uncomfortable.

I think that's all I've got for now. Everyone back in Indy, stay warm and GO COLTS!

5 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger Ryan Walsh said...

And that's where the true victory is!

Mwa ha ha.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Willow Pest said...

I've moved on.....

Oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY WALSH!!!!!

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger podslave said...

It's a wonderful time to be a Colts fan!! Happy Birthday... quit your moaning and enjoy it. Also, can't wait to hear the British vocab!

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

RYAN! Happy birthday!!! I hope that all has been going well in jolly ol' Eng-a-land and that you are having lots and lots of fun and learning tons as well. Apparently I don't have your email address and I know I don't have your phone number, so alas, I must post here...Now I see that I have a lot of posts to catch up on--I will certainly do so in order to procrastinate very soon. Anyway, hope your birthday was fantastic and I hope to read about it soon. I miss you (really, I do, both Dobson sisters do) and I wish you all the best!

-Kate

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger wineaux said...

Hey Ryan.
Hope you had a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Also hope you received my LOVELY card!
Yea Colts....but football season is over now, so move on.
Pitchers & Catchers report tomorrow!! (that is a baseball reference....not something else!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home