Monday, December 04, 2006

Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your blogs

I am tired and wet right now, and reading that back it could be interpretted a number of ways. Allow me to clarify.

I had a lot to do this morning. I had to go to the international office and get a new letter to get my visa with, I had to go to the finance office and body slam every person I saw out of sheer frustration, and I had to mail a bunch of stuff. It chose to rain today. The international office was empty when I went by, and I had to restrain myself to filling out forms at the finance office. The good news is I mailed off my stuff and picked up a few last gifts before I came home. By the time I got in, my jeans below the knee were pretty much drenched, and my umbrella had been in about half a dozen configurations it was clearly not designed for thanks to the wind. That prettymuch catches you up for today.

This is the last week of classes before we break for Christmas, and it's going to be a doozy. Tomorrow we have our tutoring sessions with Derrek (aka The Canadian Lord of the Sith), five minutes after that I have my subbing session which involves... stuff I'm not too clear on, and thirty seconds after that is my last beginners' class for building web pages. Wednesday's the big editing test we weren't exactly taught for - that'll should be, oh jeez what's that word I'm looking for that means the exact opposite of what I actually think... oh yeah, fun. Thursday's our big lecture day, and after that's done the whole course is getting stuffed down at 5 Degrees South by North by East West (if you're not in the course, you won't get that joke, sorry!). One weekend later, I come home. I can't wait to be back in Indy, I'm just really not looking forward to the journey. There's something philosophical about that last sentence, I'm sure, but I can't think of what it could be.

This weekend I entered into a little arrangement with a certain party. We shall call him my housemate Dan, for that is his name. I agree to help him with editing his dissertation, he agrees to take some shots of me to go up on the web that look better than what I have now. If you looked to the right at the top of this page, you'll see one such outcome of this little escapade of mine. Here are a couple more (click on the boxes to bring them up):




They please me. Last night we went out to a new pub (to me anyway) called Seaview Inn, where we drank a couple of pints and played darts. That too pleased me.

As I mentioned before, I am weary. One last thought: if you don't already, please read my latest entry in my reading blog, the link in on the right and up a bit, you'll find it. It goes into more detail about my deal with the forms today and I somehow made a lot more of it than I thought I would. In a good way. I hope.

1 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger Ryan Walsh said...

Well, if I have to...

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home