Monday, November 20, 2006

Admiral, there be blogs here!

I haven't written lately. I apologize, but in my defence this has been a really busy week.

If you visit bloc-online, you'll see what I've been up to this past week. This is the production website of the Professional Writing course, where everyone submits pieces based on a given theme OR about the craft of writing. Myself, James, and Stephen from my course had to update just about everything on the site this week, 95% of which done on Friday. We were exhausted and hungry afterwards, and after a footlong and a beer each (give or take), we were just about passed out. We were lucky to make it back to our respective homes; if we'd all went to one, people might talk. Still, I think it looks pretty good, and aside from the bit error and odd mistake we're getting kudos all around. Not bad at all.

The same day I had to yell at HSBC again. They sent me a letter saying they got my standing order and would send my landlord the money for last month as well as this month and be sure to give them an extra £3000 as a Christmas bonus next month, all without me needing to do a thing. "Aw, gee, let me thin-NO!!!!!!!!!!!!" Once I explained the situation they were all apologies and politeness and all of that, so I appreciate that they're at least willing to admit and address the problem, but exactly at what point will I feel my money's in safe hands? Anyone? You, in the back? No? Dang.

Saturday was my night to do the house cookoff. I went for my personal strength and made an italian meal: spaghetti, sause, meatballs, salad, garlic-bread, wine, all in no particular order and huge quantities. I did music, low lighting, the whole works. I overstretched myself a bit toward the end so things didn't come together as smoothly as it might, but everyone liked the meal, so I did good.

This week's going okay so far. Singled out a bit in class, but nothing bad, just me doing a focus no one else is even really well versed in. Stupid me and my stupid unique dreams. First assignment this week is 'Do the same thing only with this week's lecture in mind'; simple enough. I should be booking my flight back the UK from Christmas vacation, but I really don't want to. I should be afraid that once I get home I won't want to leave again, espeically after the time I had getting to the UK before. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Blogger Duncan Heaney said...

I think the moral of this story is don't reveal your dreams to others. Unless those dreams are about Ninjas. Ninja stories are always good.

Except 3 Little Ninjas. Man, that series was awful.

What was I talking about again?

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been in the UK to long! You're using "s" and "c" in weird ways. FREAK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home