Friday, October 13, 2006

I sense much blog in you, young Jedi

So today half of my class went to a Business Writing Seminar right in the middle of town. Not me. WHY????? you ask? It was my intention to make my way to Penzance and attend a workshop on pitches for stories. Would have been right up my alley, too, if it weren't for the fact that I am an idiot child when it comes to public transit systems. Blame my inferior American upbringing, I guess. Still, I got a lot done here.

I finally got my federal loans today, so the first thing I did was take 'em down to the bank, where they told me they'd have to go to the central branch because they were in dollars and too much money, so I might have it in my account next week. I've never been told that me having too much money was an inconvenience before. I should milk it, but how?

I got myself a cheap slice of pizza, and when I say cheap I mean someone hit a tomato, wiped the mess up with a piece of bread, threw some cheese on it and called it pizza. It didn't matter, I was hungry. Halfway threw I realized this did nothing to satisfy my pizza craving, so it was just as well when a huge fucking seagull flew right up behind me and snatched the thing right out of my goddamn hand. Jeebus, it was right oout of a Stephen King novel (still haven't started On Writing by the way). I noticed as it was flying off that it had a lot of competition for the pizza, little shit deserves the heat. "No worries" I tell myself, "I'll try that Great Shakes place and all will be well."

Wrong. They do a lot of things right in Britain. Tea, ladies, fish, they do okay. They should just leave milkshakes alone, though. It's a shame, too. I watched as he put in real fruit and enough ice cream to build an igloo, but what I got was hardly satisfying.

Still, something new experienced. Name of the game here. Pretty quiet for the rest of the day. Not much planned for the weekend, I'll probably get ahead on my work placement stuff. (For the uninitiated, that's code for playing Halo.)

1 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger Roger Stephen King said...

Tea, ladies, and fish! Great stuff, Ryan! From what I hear, Halo's surely seconded by secondlife.com: where the virtual Tea Society has 15 members; the largest Secondlife club for ladies is made up of 50 imaginary lesbians; and there exist 148 "bass bandits." So, Halo definitely helps one break free of tea, ladies, and fish, while virtual on-line civilizations are overrun by them. Good weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home