Monday, October 02, 2006

So apparently this counts for credit

It turns out that at least one blog is "highly recommended" by the Pro Writing profs. One for reading, that is reflecting on the reading assignments and their impact on my writing, and another for writing, how much and what it felt like. I guess.

Yep, Day 1 of the class is under my belt. IN. TENSE. This week is all about us filming a shortmovie based on Roaul Dahl's short story "The Man from the South." I have plenty of short film experience, especially when it comes to the quick and the cheap (thank you Garrett, Jeff, and Ray, in no order, for all your help over the years), so to me this is a walk in the park. Everyone else in the class is freaked. Wankers.

Most of the profs are very easy going. One speaks with no accent, so I'm thinking American, but is the hardass of the group. He wanted us to write three pages for next week on the pros and cons of prenups. Also we have to write 750-800 words on stains, but that's for another, easier-going prof.

This is going to be a hard year, but I can tell I'm going to get so much out of it it's criminal. Now if I can just find me a bonny English lass, I'll be in great shape, but I suppose I should just be thankful for what I've got.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home